6 Strategies to Shop at Online Jewelry Stores
Shopping online for jewelry is both advantageous and disadvantageous. It is advantageous because online jewelry stores provide convenience to shoppers who don’t want to leave their home and because they enable shoppers who are afraid of being stalked when shopping for expensive jewelry to shop for the jewelry. It is, however, also disadvantageous because fraudulent acts are pervasive in many online endeavors, including this one. Follow the following strategies to get the advantages and not the disadvantages.
- If possible, make a deal only with a designer instead of a retailer. While a designer can provide you with genuine product and lower price, a retailer is not necessarily reliable and the price a retailer offers is always high. And if a retailer offers unreasonable discount, there must be problem with the product.
- 30-day money-back warranty should be your weapon in case you receive flawed or faked product. Make sure that you get confirmation regarding whether the warranty is valid when you buy, when the product is shipped, or when you receive it. Don’t let the seller fools you by letting you receive the product one day after the warranty expires.
- If you expect high-quality product, deal only with a pro who can answer your questions and who can make sure that you get only the best piece.
- Shop only at a reputable store. A reputable store should have done its business for quite a while because a store with experience is a store that can effectively handle complaints.
- Deal only with association members. Members of professional jewelry associations are obliged to maintain their reputation, so they are more likely to be reputable sellers.
- Find out how long their business has been running, not only online, but also offline, which is more important.